1. NICIE was established in 1987 to co-ordinate efforts to develop the provision of integrated education in Northern Ireland and to assist parent groups in opening new integrated schools.
2. We are a registered charity in receipt of core funding from the Department of Education but drawing money from other donors as well.
3. NICIE employ 15 staff working in varying roles. However only 13 staff are funded by the Department of Education. The other staff are on temporary contracts for a two or three year project and are funded by external organisations or charitable bodies. The key areas of work:
* Chief Executive Officer
* Sharing Classrooms Deeping Learning
* Finance and Administration
4. NICIE Board of Directors: The NICIE Board of Directors has 16 members and meets every month. They are responsible for the strategic direction of the organisation.