Job Description Teacher of Maths
This is a maternity post available from 1 September 2018. Those due to qualify in June 2018 are eligible to apply.
JOB TITLE: Maths Teacher with general subjects
RESPONSIBLE TO: To the Head of Department and Vice-Principal, ultimately to the Principal.
SALARY: Teachers’ Main Pay Scale
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants must at the closing date:
(i) hold a teaching qualification as approved by the Department of Education (NI)
(ii) hold an honours degree (2:2 or above) in Mathematics or a related degree where Mathematics is a major component.
Preference may be given to applicants who at the closing date:
- have qualifications, training and/or experience to teach History and/or RE
The panel reserves the right to enhance these criteria.
On taking up this post the successful applicant must be a registered teacher with the General Teaching Council for Northern Ireland.
Posts involving work in educational institutions are subject to the provisions of the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups (NI) Order 2007. The successful applicant will require an enhanced disclosure check which at present costs £30. Further details regarding the payment of this check will be issued with the contract of employment.
The Governors are seeking an individual who:
- has high quality interpersonal skills including communication and team working;
- has enthusiasm for teaching and learning and can transmit this enthusiasm to young people;
- seeks, through self evaluation, to improve his/her own performance; and
- is able to engage in school improvement through contributing to whole school review and evaluation.
To ensure effective delivery of the relevant programmes of study within the school in accordance with School Policies and in pursuit of high standards of pupil achievement to implement the School’s Pastoral programme.
- As detailed on the Teachers’ (Terms and Conditions of Service) Regulations (NI) 1987;
- To teach Mathematics and other subjects as detailed in the timetable;
- Additional duties as detailed below.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- teach pupils in a manner that develops and supports pupils’ learning so that they reach their full potential and achieve high levels of success in examinations;
- to monitor, evaluate and review pupil learning and report outcomes to pupils, relevant staff, Governors and parents as requested by the Management of the School;
- to engage in self evaluation and development in order to improve performance and pupil outcomes. This will include accessing internal and external training;
- to ensure the effective use of resources and to maintain a safe working and learning environment;
- to carry out general teacher duties.
GENERAL TEACHER DUTIES:
- To carry out duties as detailed in the Teachers’ (Terms and Conditions of Service) Regulations (NI) 1987.
- To carry out all duties in a manner in which they comply with:
- current Health and Safety legislation;
- the requirements of the Children’s Order;
- the School’s security requirements;
- the requirements of North Coast Integrated College policies; and
- the requirements of the DENI.
- To act as a Form Teacher to an assigned Form Class.
- To carry out a share of pupil supervisory duties in accordance with published rosters.
- To participate in appropriate meetings with colleagues, parents and pupils.
- To implement all School policies and procedures.
- To play an active part in furthering the School’s Ethos
- To undertake any reasonable duties as requested by the Principal or his appointed deputy.
Applicants should give detailed information of modules, courses and subjects studied as part of their qualifications, together with the number of years each was studied. Applicants should also give details of experience of teaching, indicating length of experience of teaching the GCSE & A level specifications.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
These duties are not necessarily comprehensive and are subject to annual amendment by the Principal, after consultation with the post holder.
The closing date for receipt of applications is
4pm on Friday 15th June
CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY