International Integrated Education Week 2013
‘Me, We, Our World’
Here are some of our ideas for activities to celebrate the theme:
- Create short animations highlighting the theme of ‘Me, We, Our World’
- Make a video diary ‘A day in the life of…’ these could be exchanged with some of our partner schools internationally.
- Create an on-line Learning NI course where pupils can discuss what integration or the theme means to them. They could upload any work, photos or research on the top.
- As this is also Climate Change week there are lots of resources on-line linking to the international aspect of the theme. Visit www.climateweek.com/challenge to download a one hour or group challenge or click here for further information Climate Week Challenge Summary
- Invite a story teller into your school focusing on stories from other countries.
- Set up a video conference with local and international schools.
- Get relatives and friends who live abroad to send an ePostcard or e-mail to the school which would highlight our family links with the wider world.
- Make a research project or assembly on the change in technology and social media. This could highlight the changes one individual or group has had on how we communicate in the world (let NICIE know if you decide to do this).
- Use the Assembly script provided by NICIE to highlight Integrated Education Week. You can download the script here CONNECTED script IIEW 2013 by Andrea Grimason
Teachers’ Committee Ideas
- Hold a story telling morning with stories from around the world, fairy tales and music
- Produce an art exhibition of portraits linking them together to superimpose them on a map of the world.
- Post Primary Schools using video conferencing to link with primary schools.
- Hold a ‘Peace Assembly’. You can download the script here:
- Research projects about languages, customs and cultures around the world.
- Hold a ‘Food Fest’ of foods from around the world.
- Make a scrap book of events held during the week and linking with feeder schools.
- Create a flag showing your own identity and things that are important to you.
During IE week please tweet us using the hash tag #IIEW2013
Don’t forget to keep us informed on what your school plans to do. Please send any pictures, animations, details of projects or comments to IIEW2013@nicie.org.uk. You can also upload these directly to our Facebook and Twitter accounts.