Schools’ Submissions into the Shared and Integrated Education Inquiry
Read them at these links:
The Committee for Education undertook an Inquiry into Shared and Integrated Education.
Following submissions, the Education Committee will:
- Review the nature and definition of Shared Education and Integrated Education as it applies across all educational phases – including consideration of the need for a formal statutory definition and an obligation in statute to facilitate and encourage Shared Education;
- Identify the key barriers and enablers for Shared Education and Integrated Education;
- Identify and analyse alternative approaches and models of good practice in other jurisdictions in terms of policy interventions and programmes;
- Consider what priorities and actions need to be taken to improve sharing and integration – including the effectiveness of the relevant parts of the CRED policy; the need to engage more effectively with parents/carers; and the role of Special Schools; and
- Report to the Assembly on its findings and recommendations by Spring 2015.
Delivering Social Change for Children and Young People
See NICIE response on the following link: NICIE response to Delivering social Change