APTIS is the Association of Principals in Integrated Schools. The Association provides an opportunity for head teachers, in primary and post-primary integrated schools, to meet and share areas of common interest. The Association meets at least once a term and runs a conference once a year also.
It has several aims including
- Being a clear, influential voice in the educational arena of Northern Ireland
- Providing a forum where Principals can address current issues of common concern
- Supporting new principals and principals in transforming/transformed schools – mentoring and affirming
- Building leadership capacity
- Learning from each other and celebrating success
- Harnessing the passion for the integrated vision and helping to make it a reality
The APTIS Steering Committee, which meets several times a year, is open to all principals and is the forum where ideas are discussed, statements on areas of interest are agreed and sub-groups represent the principals at various forums such as the Management side committee, meetings with the Education Committee in the Northern Ireland executive and the Integrated Education Review team etc.
The APTIS committee members are:
Joint Chairs: Amanda McNamee and Barry Corrigan
Treasurer: Nigel Arnold
APTIS organise two main events a year to allow principals in integrated schools to come together and discuss issues that are relevant to them and to share good practice.
Next APTIS meeting – February 2020
The next APTIS meeting will be at Oakgrove Integrated primary School and Nursery on the 14th February 2020. Registration will be listed on this page closer to that date.
APTIS Spring Conference, 26th and 27th March 2020.
This years APTIS Annual Spring Conference 2020 will be held in the Slieve Donard Resort & Spa, on the 26th and 27th March 2020.
Registration is via this page.